Wednesday, 2 May 2012 3:45 PM
Sick of London? With the Olympics coming up your tube journey certainly won't be getting less crowded anytime soon.
Perhaps now is the time to get out.
That is not always practical though, especially if you can only work in the capital. So how about moving to Brighton? Nice easy commute, cheaper property and by the seaside. What's not to like?
Here's our top ten reasons to move to Brighton:
1. Excellent transport links – trains to London depart every 15 minutes and take around an hour (and you always get a seat!)
2. Stylish properties for sale – old and new. Many of the buildings are steeped in architecture and history such as Grand Ocean in Brighton, a 1930’s former art deco hotel which has been converted into apartments for sale by Explore Living.
3. Lots to do – with a variety of activities available such as the great nightlife and restaurants, day trips to the Sealife Centre and walks on the pier, there is something to suit all ages.
4. Celebrity residents – Look out for James Morrison and Adele as well as Noel Gallagher and Steve Coogan (to name a few).
5. Healthy lifestyle – Fresh sea air and long walks on the beach provide a feeling of calm and wellbeing. Grand Ocean also has a resident’s gym which is completely free to use – no reason not to exercise!
6. Excellent universities - and higher education – Brighton University boasts a £7.3m sports centre and the new £23m Huxley Building – the new location for pharmacy and biosciences. The University of Sussex is also a great choice, over 90 per cent of the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise rated it as world leading and internally excellent.
7. The place to do business – The OMIS Britain's Best Cities 2005-2006 survey found that Brighton & Hove achieved the highest business satisfaction rating (82 per cent) for their "existing location" out of all the cities surveyed.
8. A great for investment in property – apartments at Grand Ocean offer excellent investment potential and with property prices still lower than their 2007 peak, now is the perfect time to buy. A two-bedroom penthouse apartment at the development achieves £1,550 per month in rent, similar to central Brighton, where the average rental for a two-bedroom apartment is £976 per month.
9. Help for first time buyers – Explore Living is offering its Route 85 incentive at Grand Ocean which enables first time buyers to get on the property ladder for just 85 per cent of the price. They own 100 per cent of the property with the remaining 15 per cent a deferred loan for up to ten years.
10. Cultural society – Art, theatre and music make up the huge art culture in Brighton. Grand Ocean is close to the famous Saltdean Lido which features Grade II listed Art Deco architecture and is one of the few remaining Lidos in the country. The Brighton and Hove council support the arts through the Arts and Cultural projects team and the Brighton and Hove Arts Commission.
If you want to move to Brighton and you think Grand Ocean is the development for you then check it out here.